Avenor College is seeking Teacher of English to join us on our journey into the future.
As the school expands, we need to appoint enthusiastic and dynamic professionals to contribute to the teaching of English throughout KS2-5 from August 2018. Applicants should be qualified English teachers and NQT’s are welcome to apply. Our English department consists of nine members of staff, as well as many primary and nursery teachers delivering their subjects in English.
For more information please take a good look at the Avenor College website: http://www.avenor.ro/en/careers-at-avenor-225
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
- Be near-native or native speakers of English;
- Be able to offer English to A level with an international dimension;
- Be able to motivate and challenge able students by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
- Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that English is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in your area of specialism;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- People oriented- building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook- in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organised and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
- A competitive salary and benefits package including: high quality 1 bedroom apartment; flights; medical insurance for employee and dependents; 80% tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school-aged children;
- The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
- Maximum IGCSE classes sizes of 18, small motivated groups of A level students;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- Maximum contact time 80%, the remainder being Planning, Preparation and Assessment time;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team of English specialists;
- A great team spirit.
THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
We teach a broad and balanced curriculum in our primary school following the Cambridge Learning ladder. In Nursery, the children experience full immersion and through the primary and middle school language acquisition programme we aim to have all students at B1/B2 level by the end of middle school. As a bilingual school we encourage CLIL in the expressive and performing arts, some science, PE and some humanities.
We teach English Literature at IGCSE and AS/A2 level, Media Studies at AS/A2, and Drama at IGCSE, all courses following the Cambridge International Examinations specifications. Our department prepares students for exams endorsed by Cambridge English Language Assessment from YLE Starters in Primary up to First Certificate in English at the end of Middle School. We are also exploring IELTS in the sixth form.
The department is actively pursuing an AFL and AOL culture, students are expected to be active learners, and great critical thinkers. We want young people to see examinations as experiences, hurdles that present challenge, but most importantly we believe that the English language is intrinsically fascinating.
As a teacher in our school, you would be expected to be able to motivate all our students through differentiation, as well as being a positive role model for our locally recruited staff. We would particularly welcome colleagues who are confident in mentoring students, coaching staff, providing CPD activities to their colleagues.
Please send your complete resume/CV, with a good-quality, recent head-and-shoulders photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using the quick apply on TES.
- Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College (and live in Bucharest), and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
- Additionally ensure that your CV/ TES application includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.
- Closing date: February, the 28th, 2018
- First-round interviews, via Skype
- Final interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held at Avenor College, Bucharest, in March 2018