Job title: Teacher of English (Possible Head of Department for the right candidate)
Age range: Secondary up to IB Diploma/A Level
Employed by: NCBIS - to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Department / Head of School
Qualifications: Degree and PGCE or QTS or appropriate teaching qualification.
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
For August 2022, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 740 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 60% expatriate and 40% Egyptians who must have dual nationality. NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma or A levels in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are members of COBIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
● Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
● Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
● Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’level;
● Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
● Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
● Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice;
● Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
● Be open to the many opportunities and some challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
● Highly competitive tax-free salary
● Accommodation allowance
● Comprehensive international private medical cover
● Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
● Annual Home leave allowance for employee and each dependent
● Re-signing bonus upon contract renewal in 3rd and 4th year.
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an ICPC and police checks (translated into English) for prior countries of residence for the last five years and/or a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk/
To apply, please upload your CV together with completing the application form. The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th December, 2021. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Interviews for candidates will be held by Skype or Zoom.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The NCBIS Team
At NCBIS we offer a caring and high quality education in a secure environment on our unique campus for the international community of Cairo. We have high personal and academic expectations for our students and are proud of the varied and challenging ...