Senior Leadership duties can be negotiated for a candidate with suitable skills and experience
At Focus School Cambridge, we are proud of our record of academic and learning excellence. In 2016, we were the highest performing school in Cambridgeshire for GCSE results. Our distinctive ethos is centred on preparing our students to see and lead, with integrity, through the challenges of tomorrow.
We are looking for an exceptional and innovative Teacher of English to join an excellent school team teaching Key Stages 3 to 5.
Our curriculum follows the National Curriculum, with an extensive extra-curricular and enrichment programme.
Being affiliated to the Focus Learning Trust group of schools allows our school to join an innovative programme which is drawing on educational research and best practice to ensure that each school is a centre of excellence. The Trust is investing extensively in educational resources such as technology, infrastructure and learning environments, and in the learning and development of its professional staff. As a Focus School Teacher, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across the country and to contribute to a school network that is deeply committed to providing an exceptional education for its students.
- Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have in depth subject knowledge
- Be an excellent teacher
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- The opportunity to enhance your teaching experience with support for continued professional development
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Active and committed parents and carers
- A supportive and involved community
- Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
- A competitive salary
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, via our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme
- Focus Learning Trust competitive pay scale.
Our school is ideally located on the outskirts of Great Shelford, approximately 4 miles south of the city of Cambridge, being easily accessible with good train and motorway links.
We welcome you to take the opportunity to visit the school and experience for yourself the passionate, high performing culture we maintain. To arrange a visit or for an informal discussion please contact Isabelle O’Mara, Head Teacher on 01223 400192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for completed application forms: Friday 12th May 2017
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 27 UK Schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced DBS and Barred List Disclosure checks.