We are seeking an outstanding and innovative teacher of English from September 2019. The successful candidate will be skilled at making students feel engaged and motivated, and will play an important role in contributing to recent successes in improving student outcomes. He/she will be joining a dedicated, ambitious and innovative department that is at the heart of this rapidly improving rural comprehensive school. The post is open to NQTs. This permanent post would suit a teacher who:
• Has a passion for English who wants to join an aspirational team
• Has high expectations in all areas of their work and is able to work collaboratively
• Is committed to strong professional development and continuous learning
If you are interested, please complete a Chipping Norton application form and include a letter outlining your reasons for applying and your suitability for the role. We would like you to consider the following questions, and outline your responses in your letter of application.
• What do you understand by the term ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’ and how would you embed this in your teaching practice?
• How might you contribute to enrichment opportunities for our students?
• If you could teach any book to our students, what would it be and why?
Application forms and details are available on the school website or from Morag Robinson (01608 649500 or firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for receipt of applications is 23 May 2019. Visits, by arrangement, are warmly welcomed.