This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast developing school. Your experience, knowledge, enthusiasm and innovation will help you to deliver high quality and exciting lessons that will be fully supported by the schools leadership.
We are looking for an innovative and creative thinker who can bring the curriculum to life both inside and outside of the classroom environment. We are keen to hear from educational professionals who can think outside of the box in order to engage and enthuse a diverse range of abilities in the learning process.
- You will need the ability to deliver high quality English lessons, as you will be leading this across all Key Stages
- There will be an expectation as Curriculum Lead that you have oversight and understanding of planning, marking, moderating and target setting across all Key Stages
- You will bring ideas, energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to measuring progress, raising attainment and increasing the profile of English across the school
- Liaising with all teachers who teach English, from Primary age to Post-16
- You will be expected to plan, deliver and develop the school Curriculum in English, as well as focussing on developing Reading in consultation with the lower school and upper school across all Key Stages
- Predominately teach Key Stage 4 and 5 lessons, however there may be a requirement to teach English to Secondary school pupils who are not ready to access the curriculum at those Key Stages, so the ability to remain adaptable and plan at Key Stage 1,2 and 3 for some of our learners would be advantageous
- You will also be expected to support our Identity Curriculum, working pastorally with our children. We want all of our pupils to experience the best in a high quality learning environment.
Our curriculum is supported by our own therapeutic team that work alongside our teaching staff to help and support the pupils. The ability to teach other subjects across the curriculum would be beneficial in supporting the schools offer of providing a broad and balanced curriculum. With this in mind we would be interested to hear from teachers who would enjoy the challenge of overseeing our NOCN (National Online College Network) accedited courses.
- Priory perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Teachers pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
You will benefit from opportunities for further professional development and career progression as we value and support our staff in all aspects of school life. We have a comprehensive induction programme for staff and a highly supportive leadership team.
If you share our ambition to provide an outstanding education for our pupils, we would welcome an application from you.
Eastwood Grange is a day school, located in the village of Ashover, near Chesterfield, that provides a high quality of education for up to 50 boys and girls for the age of 5 to 18. All our pupils have education, health and care plans and experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We are a forward looking and innovative school that seeks to transform the lives of the pupils in our care. The introduction of girls and a lower age group is new and has been achieved through a complete refurbishment and material change to the school. This will bring exciting new challenges and opportunities to the right candidate.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Eastwood Grange School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years
Part of the Priory group.
Our aim is to help our students understand their problems, identify and implement ways of alleviating them and enable them to achieve their full potential.
We strive to reverse the downward spiral of failure often experience...