The German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with 240 faculty and staff providing quality, holistic education to a multinational student body of approximately 1250 students. The school is organised into two Streams, German and English leading to qualifications in the German International Abitur and I/GCSE & IBDP respectively.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified candidates for the following position commencing in August 2021.
(English International Stream – Secondary Department)
The English Teacher will be required to teach throughout the English Secondary Department, and to prepare students for the UK I/GCSE and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner who is dedicated to enabling each child to achieve the highest possible standards. Knowledge and experience of coaching and adjudicating debating, and/or public speaking would also be desirable.
What is required and what we’re looking for
• Teaching qualification and suitable academic qualifications in the subject area
• 3 years, or more, teaching experience preferred
• Excellent English speaker with sound written and oral communication skills (native speaker level)
• Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
• Positive work ethic
• Positive, proactive and independent work ethic
• Experience of, or knowledge of, the IB Diploma Programme in both English Literature and English Language and Literature
What we offer
GSIS offers an excellent working environment in an international school within a dynamic community. We welcome candidates who show a commitment to continuous professional development and are willing to contribute to wider school activities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume via the GSIS online recruitment portal (https://www.gsis.edu.hk/careers/job-openings/) to the Director of Human Resources.
Further information on the school, its facilities and programmes is available on the school’s website https://www.gsis.edu.hk/.
Applicants not invited for interview after six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
GSIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Full background checks will be conducted to safeguard all students at GSIS.
German Swiss International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years