Inspire their Remarkable with Us
0.4 Part Time (Mondays and Tuesdays)
Join this forward-thinking department where English is taught in ability groups with access to a well-equipped Learning Resource Centre and computer room. Students follow the National Curriculum at KS3 and 4, whilst preparing the majority of students for AQA Language and Literature at GCSE. At A level, both English Literature and a combined course of English Language/ Literature are offered.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding or potential to be outstanding qualified teacher of English with high expectations, strong classroom management skills and good subject knowledge. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the department. We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
We encourage visits from prospective candidates to meet members of our school community and to experience our school at first hand. If you would like to do this please contact Julia McFarlane at the College on 01255 682040.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date- 1st September 2019
Closing date- Wednesday 31 July 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply button’.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.