Are you interested in working in a dynamic and innovative school?
Do you want to help develop its culture as part of an ambitious, dedicated and enterprising team?
Can you add value and bring energy that will give us the capacity and expertise to develop as the school grows?
We are seeking to appoint a creative and inspirational Teacher of English who is committed to building upon the school’s huge success in last year’s GCSE results. For the right candidate, this post also presents the opportunity for a rapid promotion to Second in English.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher
- Keen to join one of the school’s most high achieving departments with a proven track record of exam success (last year’s English results were way above the national average)
- Passionate about developing the whole child
- Unrelenting in their belief of the potential of children
- Up-to-date with curriculum developments in English, including those at KS3 and GCSE
- Committed to developing 21st century learning skills and qualities for every child
- Excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies
About the school:
- Inclusive multicultural 11 – 16 Free school located in East London
- Leading edge pedagogy and curriculum
- An innovative digital and flexible 21st century learning environment
- Small school with only 84 students in each year group
- The co-curricular dimension and enrichment programme are integral to the personalised learning experience
- Competitive salaries based on experience and skills
- The chance to learn from the best practitioners in this country and around the world to develop new approaches in learning
- Outstanding CPD and collaborative working and exclusive benefits
- Leadership training and opportunities in a relatively new Free School
- A supportive, friendly and vibrant professional community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed as are informal discussions with our Head, Mr Gary Nelson or Assistant Head and Director of Science, Mr Tom Dean. Please contact the school on 020 3597 3670 or via email email@example.com if you wish to arrange either of these.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May at 16:00
Wapping High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal DBS check.