Smart Teachers is recruiting for English Teacher for an Independent school located in Greater Western Sydney in the Macarthur region. This is coeducational Preparatory to Year 12 Christian School with multi-campus facilities.
About the Role:
- English Teacher
- Teaching Years 7-12 English
- Located in Greater Western Sydney - Macarthur region
- Job Reference: #TES1711- 522788YLH
- Full-time and permanent role
- Position commencing January 2018
About the School:
- School boasts dynamic supportive learning environment, underpinned by the Christian faith and with a focus on a strong academic curriculum
- Fine tradition of academic success, having been listed among the top five schools in the Macarthur District in Higher School Certificate (HSC) results.
- Students learn in a safe and attractive country setting
- Facilities include multi-million dollar Information Resource, Function Centre and Hospitality Training Complex, Multiple IT Centres, Multi-Purpose Indoor Sports Complex, a Fitness Centre, Sports Ovals and Courts, Gifted Education and Teaching Support Facility
About the Location:
Our client school is located in the Macarthur region of Greater Western Sydney. It is approximately 63 kilometres (39 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The region is one of the fastest-growing regions in the Sydney metropolitan area, with many new modern suburbs sprouting up in recent decades. The location has the biggest shopping centre in the Macarthur region and caters for the entire region with over 300 shops. It also has the largest botanic gardens in Australia with a large collection of native plants, and includes facilities such as picnic areas (with barbecues) and walking trails. The region also has a Golf Resort and home to Australia's largest multi-state skydive operator, a sanctuary is open to the public where it promotes Australian environmental and wildlife issues, Australian native plants and showcases native Australian animals. The location is also family friendly with safe and attractive country setting with various private and government schools in the area. The area is served by the Hume Highway, Camden Airport, and the main southern and Macarthur railway lines.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be active member of a Bible-based church and able to provide a Minister reference
- The ability to teach all levels of English would be an advantage.
- Must be confident in the use of technology and willing to embrace it to enhance learning. The College has implemented a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program
- Have the ability implement programs and maintain the high levels of achievement from the students.
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in Secondary education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1711- 522788YLH
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).