We are looking for an English Teacher to join our outstanding school as we grow into our sixth year. William Perkin Church of England High School opened as a Free School in September 2013 with its first intake of Year 7 students, and now has five year groups (7 - 11) totalling almost 1,000 students. The school is rated ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted (June 2015) and SIAMS (October 2016) and is oversubscribed on first choice applicants.
The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic English department that seeks to deliver an outstanding, three-tiered curriculum to students of all National Curriculum levels. We work collaboratively to create a curriculum that inspires, challenges and nurtures students, using aspirational and ambitious outcomes, which leads to thorough subject knowledge and sustained progress. Our Sixth Form opens in September 2018 and during this academic year the department will be collaborating on creating a dynamic and exciting KS5 curriculum; those with an interest in teaching A-level are encouraged to apply.
As an EBACC subject, all students in key stages 3 and 4 have a 50-minute English lesson every morning – consequently our teachers are able to establish very positive and purposeful routines with their classes. We additionally offer core elective literacy classes in the afternoons to help our students who need extra support in English, and a variety of extended electives including the Perkin Post (student newspaper), Beanbag Bloggers (reading club) and a variety of theatre trips.
The main purposes of this teaching role are to achieve outstanding examination results for all classes taught, to lead an outstanding tutor group within a pastoral year team and to promote the school’s ethos and vision through, for example, active engagement with the school’s house system.
For more information about the school please visit the Twyford Trust and William Perkin websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description, and details about how to apply, on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status or overseas equivalent
- Ability to teach English to KS5
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the National Curriculum to Key Stage 5
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding and experience of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Experience of the use of student results analysis to inform practice and target improvement
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum in your subject in at least two key stages
- Experience of leading a tutor group
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive and lively Leadership Team.
William Perkin CE High School, Greenford
William Perkin Church of England High School opened as a Free School in September 2013 with its first intake of Year 7 students, and now has five year groups (7 - 11) totalling almost 1,000 students. The school is founded on the successful systems and approaches of Twyford CE High School, with the principle difference that it is a distinctively Christian school with open admission criteria. The school is rated ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted (June 2015) and SIAMS (October 2016) and is oversubscribed on first choice applicants.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com. Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 16 March 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 21 March 2018
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check