Be part of building an exceptional international school!
This is a “once in a lifetime” opportunity to work with ambitious and talented staff , the school is expanding and we are looking for exceptional teachers who share our vision for an inclusive and diverse education for all students, who embrace a culture of high expectation and success. If you’d like to talk to the Principal about IAG and the opportunities it offers then please contact us on 020 309 607 81 or email email@example.com
The International Academy of Greenwich (IAG) is a growing school. We opened with 95 Year 7 students in September 2016 and will open a Sixth Form when our new building is ready in September 2020. IAG is a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme. This school is pursuing authorisation as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy: a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education which IAG believes is important for our students.
IAG’s vision is to offer excellent education which will harness and build on the linguistic and cultural diversity in Greenwich and nearby Boroughs. We will offer: a truly broad and balanced curriculum; high academic standards; strong linguistic and communication skills; access to top universities in the UK and abroad; the passport to an international job market; Active Citizenship skills and respect for other cultures; and enhanced self-confidence.
Please apply if you are a teacher, or training to be a teacher, and you have:
- Strong belief in IAG’s vision and the IB Learner Profile
- An ambitious, “whatever it takes” and “no excuses” approach to the highest attainment and behaviour standards for all students compared with local, national and international measures, regardless of their background
- Enthusiastic passion for your subject and excellent subject knowledge, with the skills and expertise to integrate this with promotion of literacy and numeracy through personalised and interdisciplinary approaches
- A sense of moral purpose as a child-centred professional
- A conscientious and evidence-based approach to your work, completing tasks efficiently and to a high standard, including research, planning and assessment of the curriculum
- A willingness to accept feedback from all stakeholders including students, parents, staff and other professionals, with a desire to be reflective and analytical of your own practice
- The capacity to develop leadership skills in yourself and others, with a view to running your own school some time in the future
- The ability to solve problems creatively; a great practitioner with originality and flair