Smart Teachers is recruiting for a passionate English Teacher to join a popular non–selective Academy in Greenwich, South East London. This full time, permanent position is available from September 2019. The English Teacher position is suitable for NQTs as well as teachers that are more experienced. The successful candidate must be able to teach English to KS5. The academy provides excellent professional development opportunities for experienced and newly qualified teachers.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Delivering English from KS3 –KS5
• Permanent position
• Full time teaching responsibilities
• MPS salary depending on experience: from £27,000 up to £42,000 per annum
About the School
• A large, mixed, popular non-selective academy
• One of the highest achieving schools in the country for attainment
• Well behaved pupils with a clear, well-structured behaviour policy in place
• Located within M25, 40 Minutes from London Bridge
• Accessible from most parts of East, Central and North London
• Parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Experience or knowledge teaching English during the past two years is preferable
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum within the past two years is crucial
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR180706A.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.