Smart Teachers is recruiting for an excellent English Teacher to join a happy, vibrant and very successful school in Guernsey. This position is to teach English from KS3 to KS5. They have a committed team of staff who go the extra mile to promote exciting learning opportunities for all children. The successful English Teacher will have recent experience of planning the curriculum and assessment in order to meet the needs of a range of learners needs. This is a temporary position to start in October 2017 and finish in March 2018.
About the Role
· English Teacher
· Temporary position starting October 2017 and finishing in March 2018
· To teach English from KS3 to KS5
· Free basic living accommodation
· Flights are paid for by the school (at the beginning and end of the contract)
· Daily rate of up to £180 per day – depending on experience
About the School
- Located in Guernsey
- Rated “Good” by Ofsted
- Well behaved enthusiastic pupils
- Large spacious playgrounds and wonderful football pitches
- Swimming pools within the school grounds
- Well-equipped classrooms
- A positive school ethos that celebrates success and is committed to inclusion
- A supportive team and Governing Body working together to develop excellence and enjoyment
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXH2307.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.