Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced English Teacher to join a Church of England Secondary School and Sixth Form, located in Guildford. The school is situated within the beautiful Bellfields neighbourhood in Surrey. This full time teaching position is available for a September 2018 start and will be contracted through to the end of the first term. Should the candidate be interested in continuing until the end of the current academic year, there is a potential for this post to go into a permanent contract in January ’19. In 2008 the college moved into a new, purpose built building, with the old 1970s style building pitches.
About the Role
- English Teacher
- QTS / QTLS desirable, though not compulsory
- Will be promoting the delivery of outstanding English teaching from KS3 – 5
- Full time, 5 days a week
- Up to £45,000 depending on experience
About the School
- Part of The Good Shepherd Academy Trust since December 2015, a family of church academies
- There is no change to the school’s current overall effectiveness grade as Good following a recent inspection
- The school is looking to interview ASAP
- Easy to access using multiple routes using public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in English Literature
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK07745.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.