English Teacher (NQT considered)
Giving you the support and training you need to make an impact
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Ark Outside London (MPR £23,486 - £34,328 / UPR £36,823 - £39,596)
Deadline: 21st May 2018 at 9am
Interviews: 24th May 2018
Ofsted: Requires Improvement (2017)
“The school’s innovative, professional development programme is sharpening teachers’ skills and attracting and retaining good quality staff”
“School leaders, governors and members of the academy trust are focussing on the right things and there are already encouraging signs of improvement”
Visits to our academy are encouraged; to arrange, please call our Resources Manager on 01424 448237.
Ark William Parker is an all boys’ school with a strong history in the local community and a bright future ahead as we work towards excellence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated English Teacher to join our academy. We are looking for someone who is motivated to change the life chances of our students, and will work hard to ensure they deliver high quality teaching and learning, so that the rates of progress are accelerated in English. The successful appointment will work closely with the Head of English and other leaders to secure outstanding progress and attainment for our students.
Ark William Parker Academy is committed to providing the highest quality of learning for all students in every lesson. We have extremely high aspirations for our staff and students.
In this role you will:
- join a dedicated team who are committed to continually improving the quality of the teaching and learning and raising attainment
- play a critical role in leading our academy to providing outstanding learning and progress
- join the academy family where we are all learners in our pursuit of excellence
- receive excellent CPD and coaching
We regularly review our practices to ensure that teachers can concentrate on teaching and students on learning. This includes a rigorous behaviour policy where every member of the school community takes responsibility for their actions.
Support and professional development is a priority at Ark William Parker. We have coaching and collaboration which means that your practice is constantly developed, alongside weekly training sessions that are tailored to you.
As a teacher at Ark William Parker Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
- A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
Our ideal candidate will:
- be ambitious to become a highly competent teacher
- exude a passion for English which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- inspire, motivate and excite the students about English
- have the potential to achieve high rates of progress and attainment
- be a ‘learner’ and a reflective practitioner
- be committed to Ark William Parker’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses
Visit our website for more information on the academy. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact our Resources Manager on 01424 448237 or email@example.com.
Please submit your application online by visiting our website.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.