- Do you have experience teaching IGCSE and A-level English?
- Have you taught the Cambridge International Curriculum?
- Have you always wanted to live in South East Asia and discover a new culture and explore a beautiful part of the world whilst doing what you love (teaching)?
- Are you available in August 2020?
If you answered yes to all the above questions, then this might be the perfect job for you!
SK was established in the 1970s to provide education to expatriates’ children before expanding into an independent institution with a student enrollment of around 330, ranging from 2 to 14 years old from over 40 different nations (only 1% of the enrolled students are from the host country, Korea). We provide world-class quality education with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC). We are the first accredited IPC school in Korea.
ISK is located on the beautiful island of Geoje, southeast of Korea, and is connected to the mainland by bridges. Geoje is home to Korea’s top two shipbuilding companies, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) and Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI). Thousands of expatriates residing in Geoje can benefit from the vast number of thriving, and friendly communities that cater to their needs. The country’s second biggest city, Busan, can be accessed within 45 minutes by passing through a bridge, while Korea’s capital city, Seoul, is a four-hour drive from Geoje.
The International School of Koje is an inclusive, international, learning community for children from the age of 2 to 18. They are fully accredited to teach the International Early Years, Primary and Middle Years Curriculums. Their high school students follow the Cambridge IGCSE and A Level programmes.
ISK is part way through the establishment of its secondary school having built upon its successful Middle Years by opening Years 10 and 11 IGCSE and Year 12 AS level classes this year with A2 classes beginning next year.
They are seeking to recruit a secondary English teacher who is flexible and willing to teach throughout the secondary continuum.
- Min a BA degree in the subject you teach
- PGCE or valid teaching qualification / certificate
- Min 2 years of teaching experience
- Experience with the Cambridge International Curriculum or British National Curriculum is a must
- Experience KS4 and KS5 Engllish
- Korean National Medical Insurance: 50% of Korean national medical insurance shall be provided by the School and 50% shall be covered by the Teacher.
- Korean National Pension: The Teacher is subject to the Korean National Pension Scheme. The monthly contribution rate is currently 9% of the Teacher’s standard monthly income. Half (4.5%) of the monthly contribution is covered by ISK.
- Furnished three-bedroom apartment is provided by the school
- One-way airfare to Korea for a the candidate and his/her family and also a one-way flight ticket back at the end of the contract will be provided. The family of the candidate includes his/her spouse and children under 18. The child’s airfare shall be provided for up to two children.
- ISK provides annual summer holiday flight for teachers and their family (up to 2 children) to their home country (as determined by the teacher’s contract). If teachers wish to travel to another destination/s, ISK will provide a cash allowance of 1.5 million KRW per adult and 1.2 million KRW for up to two children under 18.
- The School shall pay all mandatory ISK school fees up to two children) Optional fees are excluded.*Please note that under Korean law, in common with other benefits, school fees are a taxable benefit. Teachers with children in the school will not be charged the mandatory school fees, but will pay tax on the value of the fees.
- Teachers can apply for a Professional Development Allowance (the “PD allowance”) which can be used for online training, local training, overseas training during holidays, and towards advanced degree programmes upon approval by the Principal
Please email your personal, up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying and/or receiving more information.