William Clarke College is a P-12, independent, Anglican College and is committed to being a Christ-centred community that develops extraordinary learners with a passion to serve others. Established in 1988, the College is located in the heart of Kellyville with an enrolment of approximately 1600 students and plans for future expansion.
The College is committed to enhancing the expertise of our staff, placing a strong focus on individual professional development and seeks to provide leadership opportunities for our staff. We are a vibrant community that values passionate and committed teachers who engage, challenge and grow their students in their Christian faith journey, personal development and academic study.
The College is seeking a passionate, highly skilled English Teacher who is committed to delivering quality learning experiences for students that are engaging and meaningful.
- Deliver quality teaching and learning experiences for students that develop deep understanding through exploring the ‘big ideas’ inherent in and across subject areas
- Build learning relationships through employing restorative practices
- Display a commitment to continued professional growth through self-reflection and further learning
- Deliver the English curriculum in a dynamic way in the classroom, using initiative in bringing fresh and creative ideas to the curriculum
- Teaching Stage 4, 5 and 6 English, as required by the College
- Provide students with clear and fair assessment, including the provision of regular, meaningful feedback
- Preparedness to engage with the College’s four pillared teaching and learning framework, including safe and supportive environment, explicit instruction, deep understanding and assessment for learning
- Actively drive and be part of a reading culture amongst students and members of your Faculty
- A commitment to your own ongoing professional development and growth
- Show initiative in the integration of ICT into the learning program
- Uphold the Christian teachings of the College, encouraging students to serve others and explore Christ
- Active participation in the College co-curricular program
Skills / Knowledge / Attributes
- Regularly practicing member of a Christian church
- Experience teaching English Extension 1 and 2, an advantage
- A comprehensive knowledge of the English syllabus and assessment strategies
- Work ethic reflecting a commitment to excellence in teaching and a passion for student learning
- Demonstrated passion for child-centred learning, and proven ability to effectively engage students, together with excellent classroom management skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with other teachers, and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and planning skills; must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities within strict deadlines
To apply for this role, submit your Cover Letter, CV and College Application form (which must form part of your application) to email@example.com by the closing date.
William Clarke College is a child safe workplace; all successful candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Applications for this role close midday, Monday 2 September 2019