ABC Teachers are recruiting for an English for a school based in Kings Heath.
The school is a large comprehensive and serves a diverse area of Birmingham and has excellent facilities. There is a strong leadership team in place and is truly an excellent and supportive place to work.
Your main role will be to teach English at KS3 and KS4 and there will be times when you might be asked to help support other departments if cover is required but there is a whole team ethic and this makes for good working relationships amongst all staff.
I am looking for candidates that are available full time and who are prepared to undertake a long term supply role. This role will be for the summer term with the possibility of extending into the 2018/19 academic year.
About the Role:
· Responsible for following set schemes of work and to also undertake planning, preparation and marking.
· Responsible for monitoring progress across KS3 and KS4 English language and literature.
· Attending departmental meetings as required.
· Parent’s evenings as required.
· Ensure adequate provisions for students of all abilities.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (PGCE and QTS or equivalent qualification in English language and Literature)
· You must have experience teaching GCSE English language and literature.
· You must have recent classroom experience as teacher in the UK (essential)
· Be confident in using ICT in your professional role
· Posses excellent communication skills
· Be able to provide valid references and be prepared to undertake DBS and police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
Interested in applying?
If you are interested in this position, please contact Matthew Ollerhead today on 0121 274 0345 or click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to submit your CV and personal details.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period supply teachers can be paid to scale.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.