We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of English, who has the knowledge and passion for their subject to inspire students, in a school where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
The English department’s philosophy, policy and practice is learner-centred and literature-based, with the emphasis on developing conceptual understanding of the ways in which meanings are created in texts, delivered through flexible learning strategies and encouraging self-motivated learning.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, high achieving context.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be confident in teaching English across all key stages
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful English department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 20 May 2019
Interview date: Thursday 23 May 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.