Contract type: Two-years, full time, renewable annually thereafter
We are currently seeking to appoint a Teacher of English in the Senior School (Key Stages 3, 4 and 5) for September 2018.
Please email email@example.com call 00447585 968 600 or 0044207 2598771 to ask any questions about this excellent opportunity to work Egypt.
If you are a dynamic, flexible and ambitious professional, with a passion for language and literature and a real commitment to a holistic education, then BISC could be the school for you.
The British International School, Cairo is a co-educational school with 1,060 pupils aged 3-18 (460 pupils in the Senior School). An accredited member of COBIS, BSME and IAPS, and an IB World School, BISC is one of the leading academic schools in the region. Located on the fringes of Cairo, the School enjoys the benefits of a modern, purpose-built, spacious campus with state of the art facilities. Since relocating to the current site in 2008 the School has enjoyed continuous growth, doubling in size in ten years.
The School was inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate in February 2015. The quality of pupils’ achievements, learning, attitudes and skills were judged to be excellent as were the quality of teaching, pupils’ personal development, pastoral care and the quality of leadership and management.
Further information about the School can be found at www.bisc.edu.eg.
Applications are welcome from teachers who have experience of teaching in a British-curriculum school. To comply with Egyptian employment law, applicants must have a MINIMUM of three years teaching experience.
We offer a leading Package - Tax Free Salary of Minimum £32500 paid in UK Sterling
- The British International School, Cairo (BISC) operates its own teaching scale, which mirrors that in the UK, and is related to teaching experience.
- All salaries are paid in Pounds Sterling and are tax free meaning you can expect to take home 20-30% more than you would in the UK.
Our Highly competitive contract also offers
- Rent-free accommodation provided by the school- Support offered to find the right accommodation for you and your family
- Private BUPA medical insurance
- Annual return travel to the UK
- Free Schooling for 2 children -Generous fee remission for school-aged children (100% for the first two children, 50% for each additional child).
- The opportunity to live 1 hour from central Cairo in the suburbs
We are based 1 hour away from Central Cairo
Cairo itself is a bustling city, home to some of the world’s most iconic ancient monuments, with good access to other countries in the region, Europe and Asia. It is a city with a rich cultural heritage, a crossroads between Africa, the Middle East and Europe. With a population close to twenty million Cairo is a city of huge contrasts and provides endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- hold Qualified Teacher Status or its equivalent;
- have at least three years’ teaching experience post qualification in a British-curriculum school;
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your letter of application, addressed to the Principal (Dr. Carlo Ferrario) accompanied by a copy of your CV with contact details for at least two professional referees as well as a recent photograph to
firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information for VISA purposes
Your CV must include the following information for VISA purposes to meet the criteria
- QTS- Date obtained
- Number years teaching experience following the British national curriculum- Must be 3 years post qualification
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Your Nationality
- Number of dependants-If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to interview in London, Cairo or via Skype in May.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline if suitably qualified candidates apply.
The British International School, Cairo is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.