OneSchool Global UK is part of OneSchool Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
OneSchool Global UK Kenley Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced English Teacher to support our KS3 and KS4 students, whilst also supporting the inclusion and progress of all learners as a Lead Practitioner for Teaching and Learning. This is a full time, permanent position that will involve working collaboratively with the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team to continually develop the quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment across the whole school.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading-edge school in every aspect.
• To develop and manage the school’s quality cycle, including; lesson observations, work scrutiny, CPD delivery and other aspects linked to quality improvement and assurance
• Establish a strong focus on Self-Directed Learning, our Language of Learning, our 50:50 pedagogical approach and support teachers to develop their practices as learning coaches
• Ensure documented lesson plans are delivered to meet the outcomes as set out in the relevant OneSchool Global UK Curricula and the relevant Examination Board specifications
• To ensure the efficient and effective teaching; to inspire and enthuse all students to achieve at the highest levels whilst supporting the development of all learners
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student’s Self-Directed Learning assignments for English, ensuring each lesson plan indicates which outcomes will be addressed in the lesson and what resources will be used, in line with the OSG UK subject curriculum
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• Differentiating to provide support for students with SEND (Special Education Needs and Disabilities) and challenge for those who are gifted and talented
• To set targets, based on prior attainments, and undertake effective, informative marking which will extend and develop all students
• Develop and maintain links with students, parents, colleagues, Line Manager, Head Teacher and OSG UK Subject Curriculum Leader
• Have prior experience within a Senior Leadership role
• Ideally have experience in developing the quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment within a school
• Recent experience of teaching English to KS3 and KS4
• Possess sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for English Language and Literature as well as Exam Specifications for the relevant ages
• Be able to use ICT effectively to support learning
• Be caring and enthusiastic with the ability to coach and mentor others to improve their performance
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• Modern approach to teaching via Self-Directed Learning
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop along with Teachers Pension contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout our schools
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit: https://www.oneschoolglobal.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 9th September 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Kenley Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment