Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic English Teacher to join a “Good” pupil referral unit in Ealing. This school is ideally looking for a SEN Teacher with a background in English. The position is to start immediately and will be contracted until February half term in the first instance however, this may become a permanent position for the right candidate.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Will consider teachers with experience teaching in similar settings, or interested in the field of Special Needs
• Full time role teaching pupils from years 8 to 11.
• Temporary position until February half term
• Daily rate £140 -£190 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Ofsted rated “Good” Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
• Behaviour can be challenging
• Small class sizes, supportive setting
• Many teaching assistants in each class to support the teacher
• Purpose built state of the art building
• Located within walking distance of a popular over ground station
• Parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Prior experience in a PRU is preferable, but not essential
• Background or experience teaching ICT and Business studies also desirable
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN47207.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.