Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
The school is looking to recruit an outstanding English Teacher to join their Senior School team for September 2018.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative English specialist who is committed to achieving the very best for pupils at all levels. The successful candidate will be able to engage and motivate pupils using effective methods of teaching and will embrace the use of interactive teaching methods and ICT.
The ideal candidate will be able to plan and deliver lessons for students from Year 7 to 13. We follow the Cambridge (CIE) IGCSE in English Literature and First Language English and the linear two year Pearson/Edexcel A Level English Literature course in the Sixth Form.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE
- have recent experience as a teacher of English up to IGCSE & A-level, teaching from Year 7-13, Key Stages 3,4, & 5 in a school in the UK
- have excellent subject knowledge of A Level English Literature novels, however no experience of coursework is required
- have excellent teamwork skills and be willing to collaborate on planning and resourcing
- have the ability to modify learning strategies to target the needs of individual students
- have high expectations of pupils’ effort and behaviour, and facilitate this with proven classroom management skills
- be organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines
- be motivated and use initiative to contribute to success of the department
- be a native level English speaker
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience of an international school
- Knowledge or experience of teaching Drama IGCSE or A Level
- Willing to be a Form Tutor with previous pastoral experience
Applications should be accompanied by a CV, with a recent photograph if possible and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final date for applications- Sunday 10th June 2018
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.