Smart Teachers are recruiting for an English Teacher / Media Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Harrow. This is a full time permanent role. The school is looking for an experienced English Teacher / Media Teacher who is also comfortable covering Drama lessons one day a week. The position will mainly be teaching KS4 and KS5, however there will be elements of KS3 in the timetable.
About the Role
• English Teacher/ Media Teacher
• Some Drama cover will be required
• Teaching KS4 – KS5
• Permanent role (to start on a timesheet basis)
• £26,139 - £39,006
• Modern facilities in department
About the School
• Good behaviour and well known school with an excellent reputation
• Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
• Approximately 1,100 pupils
• High achieving students across the school
• Located in outer London and very well connected by the underground and local buses. The closest station is Queensbury
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher / Media teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number KJP45959.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.