Hours: 22 hours per week / Term Time Only
Contract: Fixed Term – September 2019 – August 2020
LifeLine Projects is a charitable organisation serving the community by delivering public services (such as childcare, health and social care, housing, youth programmes and employability).
The English Teacher will teach KS4 students – GCSE / Functional Skills and Literature and ideally an additional subject. As a member of the teaching staff you will facilitate the smooth and effective running of Lifeline’s Alternative School, ensuring the appropriate education and development of students.
In your role, you will be required to provide:
• To provide a high quality learning experience for students through effective and innovative teaching of English and English Literature, from functional skills to GCSE, and to oversee relevant qualifications.
• To teach an additional subject
• To work with students and staff to ensure LifeLine ethos and values are reflected throughout the provision.
• To prepare appropriate lesson plans as set out in the handbook.
• To keep the provision’s marking policy including setting and marking homework as appropriate.
• To monitor and record students’ progress.
• To complete attendance registers and inform parents/carers when there is unauthorised absence.
• To mentor a small tutor group and to set and review targets for their ILPs.
• To supervise students at break times.
• To complete termly progress cards and annual reports.
• To attend parent’s evenings.
• To observe and implement the organisation’s practice guidelines, systems and procedures, including equal opportunities and health and safety.
The successful candidate will be required to have:
Qualification – Desirable
• A Teaching Qualification - Desirable
Experience – Essential
• Experience of working with young people who may have challenging behavioural issues.
Skills and Abilities – Essential
• Experience and competency to teach English & English Literature up to GCSE and Functional Skills Level 2.
• The ability to teach an additional subject
• The ability / knowledge to teach an additional; subject
• The ability to teach in an enthusiastic and imaginative manner in order to engage students who are out of mainstream schooling.
• To have good classroom management skills.
• To be committed to bringing out the full potential of the students.
• To be willing to take a professional interest in the students’ personal development.
• To be reliable, well organised and able to meet deadlines.
• To be hardworking.
• To be able to work as part of a team, and to enable others.
• Enjoyment of the outdoors and able to embed learning into vocational styled activities.
• A clear Enhanced DBS and have appropriate references
To apply please visit our website http://www.lifelineprojects.co.uk/vacancies where you can download the relevant application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms need to be returned to email@example.com by 9 am, Monday 8th July 2019, with interviews planedd for Monday 15th July 2019.
Please note that we are unable to accept CV's for this role. Previous applicants need not reapply.