We are looking for ambitious, committed and dynamic professionals to join our outstanding English department. We are unashamedly ambitious for our students, and their life chances are significantly improved by their experiences at Winterhill School. The teaching profile within English is very strong, and this has led to consistently outstanding KS4 outcomes significantly above national with; “Students make excellent progress in English and leave school with significantly above average attainment.”
This post offers scope to teach across the ability range at key stages three and four, and would be suitable for either NQTs, experienced teachers, or those ready for more leadership responsibilities
Successful candidates will need to be:
- Inspiring and motivating classroom practitioners who will bring the subject alive for our students.
- Able to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons that ensure the progress of all students, regardless of their ability.
- Have a clear passion for the subject with confidence in the new specification examinations.
- Willing to work in a dynamic and hardworking team.
- Role models of the school’s ethos.
- Have a clear vision and drive for consistently improving the progress of our students.
We will offer:
- Students who want to learn, and an environment conducive to outstanding teaching.
- A friendly and supportive team.
- A department with an outstanding t track record of results and high standards.
- Quality CPD and experiences that will help you to develop, whatever stage of your career.
If you wish to discuss these posts, or make arrangements to visit the school, please contact Mrs C McDonald (Acting Assistant Headteacher). Winterhill School is located within 5 minutes of J34 (Meadowhall) and J35 of the M1.
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2017 (3pm)
Application forms and further details may be downloaded from the school website at www.winterhill.org.uk or are available from the school. Completed application forms should be returned electronically for the attention of Mrs J Parkin, Headteacher’s PA, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This post involves working with vulnerable children/young people and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at Disclosure and Barring Service www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check