Wellington College Hangzhou is seeking an experienced English Teacher. The English Teacher works in a Co-Teaching relationship with their international partner to provide education to the 6th form pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. The teachers must support each individual pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The teachers must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils.
To assume responsibility for teaching KS4/5 and English, including IGCSE and A Level, in the college, under the direction of the Head of English and Head of 6th Form and by following the Wellington College curriculum.
1. Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
2. Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity base including the model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
3. Undertake class management as a class teacher.
4. Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard through collaboration with an international co-teacher.
5. Teach English lessons independently.
6. Participate in co-planning meetings with international and Chinese teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions.
7. Assess regularly the students’ work by means of formative and formal termly/half- termly assessments, as directed by the Head of Sixth Form. Communicate regarding any student whose progress or behaviour gives cause for concern.
8. Monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching, maintaining good standards of practice and ensuring progression. Work collaboratively and effectively with an International teaching partner.
9. Participate fully in the Staff Appraisal system, with classroom observation of colleagues and a willingness to be personally observed within the classroom. Submit books, records or planning as required for monitoring by colleagues.
10. Be involved in developing, implementing and monitoring all College policies regarding English, and to assist in the necessary documentation pertaining to the subject, where required by the Head of Sixth Form.
11. Assist with the resourcing of English and work with the Head of school in drawing up the annual order.
12. Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students, to ensure that students know, understand and follow the College rules.
13. Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in pupils’ and setting success.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Major: English Language and literature or related education majors
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Language: Fluent English Required
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience inteaching English from Key Stage 4 and 5
Expertise: Knowledge of English Key Stage 4/5 and IGCSE and A Level English language teaching
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 57 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...