Fancy something different?
Because this is not an ordinary job!
Grove Academy is an exciting new school opening in September 2017 providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. The school will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including 6th form.
We are looking for a fantastic English Teacher for our first Year 7 cohort.
The successful candidate will work alongside other staff to deliver an innovative curriculum in KS3. It will mean that, alongside traditional subject teaching of English we will extend aspects of the schools’ project ‘enterprise’ based curriculum through cross curricular topic work. This will be developed via enquiry and ‘big questions’ to enable pupils, to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. The effective teaching of English is central to this.
What can we offer you?
- We want Grove Academy to be a great place to work, a place where you will feel valued for your hard work.
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in primary and secondary phases and enable you to develop your expertise and interests across all phases.
- As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is an experienced English teacher who can deliver exciting and challenging lessons.
- Understands how the topic based learning can impact positively on the delivery of English.
- Is excited by the chance to be with us at the beginning of this amazing journey.
- Recognises they need to be flexible as the school grows and in turn we will provide experiences they cannot get anywhere else.
Can you think outside of the box and see this as a fantastic opportunity to help us create a magical curriculum? If so… Grove Academy is the place for you!
To discuss the post further, please telephone Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, on 07842 978686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please get in touch at the weekend because I would love to talk to you about Grove.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application form.
Closing date: 23rd June 2017
Interviews: Week beginning 26th June 2017
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Wellington Street, Slough SL1 1YG