Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Full-Time English Teacher to work in a local Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This position is due to start from September 2018 and will continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school and for the students you’re teaching.
The desired English Teacher will be teaching English Literature and English Language up to GCSE Level to secondary-aged pupils. You will be supported by an outstanding and dedicated senior leadership team, and be working alongside some excellent practitioners specialising in Special Educational Needs (SEN) support. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching young people with behavioural difficulties and be comfortable in managing the transition between Secondary to Post 16. The successful English Teacher will also be expected to take on planning and marking, and build up a strong, positive rapport with young people with additional needs.
The school specialises in supporting children and young people that have a statement of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school is passionate about providing a safe, stable and caring environment to children and young people, and forging strong relationships with parents and careers to ensure effective provision is established and maintained. Furthermore, the provision has a strong ethos around providing individualised support for each student to help them reach their potential.
To be considered for the position as English Teacher, you must:
· Be an English Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or be an Instructor Tutor with a nationally recognised teaching qualification, such as Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) – (Please note, applications from Unqualified Teachers with at least 1 years’ experience teaching English will be considered for this post)
· Have experience of teaching English Language and/or English Literature to students in Key Stage Three (KS3) and/or Key Stage Four (KS4)
· Ideally, have experience teaching children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and/or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
· Be able to build a strong rapport with the young people you’re teaching
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring English lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an English Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as an English Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are an English Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special, Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this English Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Peterborough and across Cambridgeshire from September 2018, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk