Teacher of English
A vacancy exists for a full-time Teacher of English to start in September 2018. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching to KS3 and KS4 to GCSE and have confidence in teaching a broad range of ability. Class sizes are favourable, with an average of 10 at Key Stage 3 and very small groups at GCSE.
- To prepare and teach timetabled lessons, including one to one or small group tuition
- To teach pupils according to their educational needs and as defined in their Individual Education Programme
- To set and mark work in accordance with School policy
- To organise and to participate in visits and to run regular extra-curricular activities as part of the School’s enrichment programme
- To attend Staff meetings, case meetings, Annual Reviews and meetings with parents in order to discuss the progress of the pupil and to promote the School
- To take part in in-service training days
- To maintain standards of care and discipline in the School, thus safeguarding the Health and Safety of the pupils and supporting the ethos of the School
- To be responsible for a group of pupils, giving these pupils particular guidance and promoting their progress and well-being
- To perform normal staff duties, including those specified in the Staff Handbook
- To provide reasonable cover for absent colleagues
- To undertake break and lunchtime duties as required
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- To undertake after school clubs, including after school study sessions, as directed by the Headteacher
- To take responsibility for the ‘Homework Helpline’ for pupils and parents on a rota basis
- To assist in the selection of pupils for the School
- To keep up to date with new developments in the teaching of dyslexic pupils and with the other Staff develop the teaching methods of The Moat School
- To participate in the preparing of pupils for public examinations and participate in the arrangements and supervision of such examinations
- To write, supervise and mark school examinations
- To organise and manage other teachers and learning support assistants who are taking part in your lessons
Applications with a full accompanying covering letter and the contact details of two referees (including current or most recent employer) should be sent by post or email no later than Friday 27th April 2018.
The Moat School is a unique, independent secondary day school in London for children with dyslexia and associated SpLDs.
We are seeking to employ a new English Teacher from 4th September or as soon as possible thereafter. If you have initiative, enthusiasm for learning, good educational qualifications and some experience in working with young people, we would like to meet you.
The Moat School operates its own salary scale £27, 404- £37, 388 pro rata, dependent on experience. The School provides all staff with the exclusive use of a wireless enabled laptop computer.
The Moat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure.
Closing date – 27th April 2018
Interviews will be held the week commencing 30th April 2018
Further details of the post and an application form are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org