English Teacher - Suitable for ECT
Academic study is really important at Honywood. We believe that inter-connected learning of concepts & subject knowledge is key to creating successful, self-aware & independent learners. At Honywood we develop this Knowledge Capital through high quality teaching & a broad, aspirational & academically challenging curriculum, accessible to all learners.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational & enthusiastic teacher to add to our already impressive English department & contribute to our mission of developing knowledge capital. English at Honywood has been on a transformational journey & is one of the flagship subjects at Honywood. Our facilities are great & the team achieved outstanding results last year. We are currently on an upward trajectory in our improvement as a school & English is a key player in this journey.
Relationships & the development of social capital is at the heart of everything we do at Honywood. We want our staff to not just feel like co-workers. We want them to be proud members of Honywood; highly valued colleagues who help our community thrive. Working at Honywood is like being a part of a family.
Has this piqued your interest? Do you want to help us provide an education of excellence? Are you dedicated to staff development and wellbeing? Do you want to be part of a distinctive and inclusive culture? If this sounds like a place you would like to work and a role that you would like to make your own, we would love to hear from you. We would encourage you to pay us a visit to experience our wonderful community first hand.
- A high achieving school producing excellent outcomes & well-rounded children
- An inclusive approach based on shared responsibility & teamwork, which values every member of our community
- A challenging learning environment where you will be asked to expand your thinking about the education we offer our young people
- Excellent induction & outstanding on-going staff development
- A Good honours degree
- Appropriate evidence of in-service training
- Ability to teach English across all areas
- Effective classroom teacher
- Experience of working with pupils of high ability
- Willingness to contribute to the school’s extensive co-curricular programme
- The ability to work independently & with initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to use IT systems effectively
Honywood School is committed to safeguarding children & safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks & satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.
Please use the TES application form to apply.
For further information about our school, please visit www.honywoodschool.com or to organise a pre-application visit or telephone conversation, please contact the HR Office at (email@example.com), Honywood School, Westfield Drive Coggeshall, Essex, CO6 1PZ (Telephone: 01376 561231).
Closing date for applications is 8th December 2021
Interviews will be held on 16th December 2021
Honywood School is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school in Essex, serving students from the age of 11-16. The secondary school, situated in Coggeshall, Colchester has approximately 1,044 students on record. It is in a partnersh...