The World Academy (TWA) in King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC) is seeking to appoint an outstanding English Teacher. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of English and Head of Seniors and make a significant contribution to the teaching and learning of the School as it implements a new British curriculum and in conjunction with a US curriculum in the Senior School.
TWA is an international curriculum school for students aged 2 – 18 in KEAC, a picturesque city located just north of Jeddah on Saudi Arabia’s magnificent Red Sea coast. TWA offers a high-quality, standards-based education to students aged 2 - 18. By blending a balanced curriculum with outstanding pastoral care and a broad co-curricular offering, TWA aims to be the best international school in the Kingdom.
We want our English Teacher to be an individual who:
- has the appetite and expertise to help embed a new curriculum at TWA.
- can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experience for their students.
- can deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all students in their care.
- always sets high expectations, which inspire, motivate and challenge students.
- ensures excellent pastoral care.
- contributes to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
- works co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
- is prepared to and will go the extra mile.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please
• complete the accompanying application form - available to download as part of this advert.
• submit the completed application form and your CV by either clicking on the apply now button and uploading the documents through TES or emailing both documents directly to Hannah Tashkandy - email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 2 March 2021.
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place on a rolling basis and so an early application is advised. Shortlisted candidates will undertake skype based and/or face to face interviews wherever possible and compliant with the Government’s latest social distancing guidelines.
The World Academy reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date.
Please contact Hannah Tashkandy on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Safeguarding and Privacy
The World Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory reference checks and applicants providing a satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate from their home country that is less than 6 months old.
By applying to this post, you agree to your data being held and processed by The World Academy and its affiliates. If you are appointed to the post you also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by The World Academy and its affiliates.
The World Academy - King Abdullah Economic City
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The World Academy (TWA) offers a high-quality, standards-based education to K12 students living in King Abdullah Economic City and the surrounding Jeddah district.
The design of the curriculum aims to provide students with th...