Teacher of English
Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium. The secondary school opened in 2010 and has grown year on year with each new intake of students with our first cohort of Year 13 students taking up their university places in 2017.
We have a very strong and growing sixth form with expanding numbers taking English Literature. Through our commitment to English, students make very good progress at GCSE. Attainment is also very high.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of English who will join a dynamic and committed department from September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school. TLRs are available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate .
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach English at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of English or have the potential to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have proven experience of working of the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing a new ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful English team that has an exceptional track record for training English teachers
- access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, including moderation opportunities across all Ark Schools.
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates, with TLRs available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
Continuous staff development is key feature of Ark Academy. We have a minimum of 10 training days, including moderation opportunities across Ark schools and weekly in school sessions of a high standard led by a wide variety of staff. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and the Lead Practitioner course.
For further information please go to www.arkacademy.org. Please submit your application via the following link: https://goo.gl/qkQqVC by 9am, Friday 26th January 2018.
Deadline: 9am on Friday 26th January 2018.
Salary: Ark MPS/UPS (Inner London), £29,377 – £48,481, dependent on experience TLRs are additional
Location: Wembley Park, London (two-minute walk from Metropolitan and Jubilee line tube lines)
Start date: September 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.