Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for a motivated and dedicated English Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ special school in Ealing, West London. The school caters for students aged between 5 and 18 years who have a range of needs including emotional, social, behavioural, and communication difficulties. If you are a conscientious English Teacher looking for a rewarding teaching post that will allow you to progress and develop your career then this could be a great career move for you. Joining the school from January 2017, the successful English Teacher will be working on a full time long term basis with the potential to be offered a permanent role.
About the Role
- Vibrant and fully committed English Teacher
- Teaching pupils with ADHD, OCD, Asperger’s, Specific Learning Difficulties and Social Emotional Mental Health
- Teaching English up to KS5
- Starting January 2017 this is a long term full time post with the potential to go permanent
- Daily rate up to £150 per day (dependent on experience)
About the School
- Special school based in Ealing, West London
- This fantastic school caters for students and young adults with special educational needs and they are referred by the local authorities in West London
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- The SLT fully support their staff and their vision of supporting students with special needs is always shared by the whole school
- They work with holistic teachers and offer multi-sensory teaching programmes and therapeutic family support services which are provided by specialists
- Excellent transport links that are easily accessible from West Ealing or Ealing Broadway
In order to be considered for this role, The English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE, or an equivalent teaching degree
- Have proven UK teaching experience; minimum one term
- Have experience teaching students with special needs, particularly with Social Emotional Mental Healt
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
- Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number HZM30848.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.