Smart Teachers is recruiting for an innovative English Teacher to join an “Outstanding” independent school close to Weybridge, Surrey. This is a secondary school, teaching students aged 11- 18, with an attached co-educational sixth form. The school is looking for an English Teacher who is flexible in their approach and interested in day to day supply work to tailor fit around your schedule.
About the Role
· English Teacher
· Very little planning involved, mainly covering lessons in Years 7, 8, 9 & 10
· Extensive knowledge of English literature is essential
· Part-time supply work
· Looking to set up interviews immediately
· Working alongside the HOD English
· Up to £200 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Independent secondary school rated as Outstanding in all categories
· Offers a wide range of fantastic art facilities to be utilised as part of the lessons
· Friendly, family- oriented, nurturing and supportive environment
· Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport, parking facilities available on site as well
In order to be considered for this role, the successful English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS, specialising in English
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXKA4915.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.