ABC Teachers are looking for English Graduates, Teachers and Tutors to work 1:1 with Looked After Children across Staffordshire, this new academic year.
The role will be to support children who are Looked After and have been excluded or at risk of exclusion from the school setting. These children will need 1:1 tuition to help enhance their education.
The hours are fully flexible depending on your availability and current commitments, so this type of work is ideal for those looking to gain part time work as a tutor.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
• A recent English Graduate OR English Teacher
• Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with students who may be very disengaged from education
• Someone who can act as a positive role model to help the students
• Someone who is committed to assist students in making academic progress
• Able to differentiate using creative, innovative learning resources and adapting to suit the student's learning style
• Willing to produce weekly feedback reports to monitor and track progress of the student
For additional information about this role, please contact us as soon as possible.
What to do next:
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dean Isaac on 01543 228 029
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach and an online safeguarding training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.