We are looking to appoint an ambitious and driven Enrichment Programme Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity allowing you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the school.
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is a rapidly growing, mixed 11 - 18 school located in the heart of London. The school opened in September 2014 and is sponsored by London South Bank University. The school is part of the South Bank Academies Trust.
Our school is a safe haven where every child enjoys their own journey of discovery, creativity and imagination and develops a love for their learning. The students leave our school not just with qualifications showing their academic success, but also with the capacity to think clearly and deeply, a desire to act with integrity and to show kindness and empathy to others, and with the character and experience they need to thrive in the world.
As Enrichment Manager you will be responsible for developing and ensuring the success of our very extensive programme of enrichment activities for all students in the school. This includes after school clubs and societies as well as our unique programme of cross curricular projects, community tasks and educational visits. From September every student from year 7 to year 10 will engage in extra-curricular activities for 1 day every fortnight.
The Enrichment Manager will line manage an assistant manager. This is a new and very exciting role within the school.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
· has a passion for working with young people and the impact this can have on their lives.
· has a range of high quality organisational skills and a commitment to continually strive to improve and develop these skills.
· has imagination and is able to take the initiative in developing ideas.
· is engaged in current issues, ideas and research around secondary education.
· is able to set out and articulate a coherent vision for how enrichment opportunities can support the development of confidence, ambition and a sense of social responsibility in young people.
· has highly developed inter-personal skills who can develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of external community groups, charities, businesses and individuals to ensure a sustainable enrichment offer for a large number of students.
· can work with teachers and support staff to develop their ideas and programmes.