Casual Relief (Tumut, Adelong, Batlow & Gundagai)
We are currently seeking Teachers and Classroom Support Assistants to join our casual relief list for our Catholic Schools in Tumut, Adelong, Batlow and Gundagai.
About the schools
McAuley Catholic Central - Tumut NSW
McAuley Catholic Central School is committed to Christian values and excellence in education and has a rich and warm tradition that focuses on student centered learning. McAuley’s Vision Statement “Flowing Together through Faith and Learning”, encapsulates the principles upon which the school operates: strong community links, Christian values, Parent/Teacher partnership and Inquiry Learning. McAuley Catholic Central School is located in Tumut, NSW. Tumut is a picturesque and friendly town of around 6000 people located in the Snowy Mountains, an easy 2 hour drive from Canberra and an hour to Wagga.
St Joseph's Primary - Adelong NSW
St Joseph's prides itself on being a family school where the students, parents and staff work closely to achieve the best results for each student. The parents of the school are all extremely supportive and are always willing to help in any way. This partnership is the key to success at St Joseph's.
St Mary's Catholic Primary - Batlow NSW
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and caring community looking to foster all students’ uniqueness and develop their growth in all areas of life: spiritual, academic, physical and social.
St Patricks Primary - Gundagai NSW
St Patrick's is a welcoming family school from Kindergarten - Year 6 where a contemporary quality Catholic education for our students is provided. We strive to nurture and challenge each other within a happy and caring school environment where the love of life and an intrinsic motivation for learning are fostered.
Teaching Staff (Primary & Secondary)
The Classroom Teacher working in a casual capacity will be called upon on an as need basis by Catholic Schools within the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn. Whilst engaged in a school your first point of contact will be the school Principal or their elected delegate. The role of the casual Classroom Teacher is to create a learning environment which stimulates learning, promotes excellence and which accepts and acknowledges the needs of students to be both challenged and supported.
- An understanding and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues and students.
- Classroom practices and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments for all students, including meeting a variety of learning needs.
- A thorough knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and/or NSW Curriculum with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning
Classroom Learning Officer, to qualify (Position Description):
- Certificate IV in Learning Support (or equivalent) (Level 5.1) OR
- Certificate III in Learning Support (or equivalent) OR
- In the process of completing a relevant teaching tertiary qualification OR
- 3 years relevant experience.
- A commitment to the goals of Catholic education and a readiness to foster the aims and vision in the wider school community
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues and students
- Applies experience, knowledge and training in planning, organising and achieving outcomes in time constraints
- Initiative and the ability to handle a number of tasks concurrently, and have the flexibly to adjust to changing situations
How to apply:
Please follow the 'Apply now' link to apply for employment as a Casual General Employee. Before commencing this application, please make sure you have the following information ready:
- Working with children check
- NESA accreditation details (Teachers only)
- Proof of transcripts (if necessary)
- Statement of Services from past employers (if necessary - Teachers only)
- Contact details of 3 professional referee's
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria listed above
Applicants are required to submit a current resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Please contact the Recruitment Team on (02) 6234 5427 or via email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that casual approval does not guarantee employment with Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn, though it makes you eligible to work casually as a General Employee within Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn.
If you are a current employee or have worked for Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn within the last 6 months, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying.
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn