Teacher of English as a Second Language
Memorial International School of Tirana is seeking to appoint an exceptional and experienced ESL specialist for KS3 during an exciting phase in the school’s development and continued expansion.
MIST has a growing population about 340 students in K-13 from 16 different countries and accredited by Albanian Ministry of Education. We follow the Cambridge International Curriculum for all year groups, in co-ordination with the requirements of the Albanian Ministry of Education. Primary Checkpoint (beginning 2018-19), KS3 Checkpoint and IGSCE exams are mandatory for all students. A Level studies are an option for senior students. A proportion of our students at KS3 have joined the school with a lower level of English and need extra support in reaching the standard necessary to succeed at grade level.
The successful candidate will possess substantial experience of helping students for whom English is not their native language integrate into a mainstream English-medium classroom, possibly through an accelerated language programme. Specific experience of the CIE KS3 English programme is also desirable. The appointee should be able to demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching and will also have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department.
Applicants will ideally be fully qualified teachers (UK BEd or PGCE with relevant degree, or hold the equivalent recognised teaching qualifications from other countries) with a minimum of three years experience in a middle school ESL/EAL programme. We are looking for candidates who:
· Are passionate about their teaching and committed to achieving high standards
· Demonstrate excellent classroom practice
· Can create a vibrant classroom environment
· Have a key understanding of issues and recent developments in international education
· Use innovative and resourceful teaching methods, as well as possessing strong IT skills
· Have good interpersonal skills and are able to build strong relationships with students, staff and parents
· Have experience of working in an international setting
· Have an excellent record of attendance and punctuality
· Are committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice
· Can effectively monitor, assess and track children’s progress
If you are internationally-minded and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please email your full CV and a letter of application, with two professional referees including your current or most recent supervisor, to: email@example.com
Closing date: 3rd April. Early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates.