Hourly Rate: £35.43 per hour inclusive of pro rata holiday entitlement and preparation time.
Course Details: English for Business (in the Workplace: Brighton). This course will be based in Brighton on the employer’s fully equipped premises.
- 6 week course w/b 24/09/18 – w/b 29/10/18.
- The class will take place on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 12 – 5pm.
- This course will comprise of 6 sessions x 2 hours a week = 12 hours total.
- Exact times and days to be arranged with successful candidate.
The successful candidate will also be added to our approved tutor Talent Bank. City Lit is pursuing a number of innovative and exciting projects working with employers and local community groups as well as setting up new non-accredited courses from ESOL Entry 2-Level 2. Successful applicants will be offered this work as and when it becomes available.
Please note that City Lit is also recruiting for London based English for Business tutors. This opportunity has been advertised separately and can be found titled ‘ESOL Tutor(s) – London’ using the application link below.
Unleash your Potential
City Lit are currently looking for a dynamic and innovative ESOL Tutor to be based in Brighton. This is an exciting opportunity which could develop to include more teaching hours in the future.
Be Part of our Community
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more then 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high-quality student experience. However, our reach and impact within London is far reaching and through the support of our Community Outreach department extends beyond our campus’s to bring City Lit’s teaching into the community.
What we are looking for (please address the specific criteria below within your covering letter and attach to your CV file):
- Have a Level 5 or above teaching qualification in ESOL or English language teaching in post-compulsory education.
- Have a proven track record of successfully teaching English for Business to adults who have English as a second language at level 1 and/or level 2 (B2-C1).
- Have up-to-date experience of the business or commercial world as a practitioner to be able to convey effectively the skills and competencies required in this context.
- Can create a vibrant and dynamic learning environment which develops autonomous and shared learning.
- Develop courses which respond to specific and diverse learning needs within a single class including courses designed to improve English for the workplace.
- Give specific and considered advice and guidance to learners on their next step.
To apply please follow the link provided which will take you to our online portal: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/citylit/vms/e/careers/search/new
Closing Date: 23:59 on Thursday, 30th August 2018
Interview Date: Friday, 7th September 2018
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity.