Essential Digital Skills Tutor (Adult Education)
Contract: Hourly Paid (2 x evening classes 6-8pm per week), Fixed Term
Academic Salary range: (Band 1-2) plus point 1 uplift. £16.93 – £17.75 per hour
Start Date: 1st September 2021, until August 2022
Essential Digital Skills tutor required, for our adult evening classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of adult tutors who are passionate about helping adults achieve their potential and grasp opportunities they felt were no longer possible.
We are looking for someone with experience and a good understanding of Digital and ICT skills as the class will be quite diverse with a range of levels, experience and needs.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Work independently
• Be able to motivate students and help them enjoy learning ICT
• Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
• Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Closely monitor students’ progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
• Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of the course specifications
• Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Closing Date: 10th June 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
PLEASE APPLY NOW – This position will close once sufficient applications are received
Benefits include: Teachers Pension defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance), sick pay scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site car parking, on-site fitness suite, Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cirencester College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Cirencester College is a specialist Sixth Form college in a rural setting on the outskirts of Cirencester, Gloucestershire. One of only three designated specialist Sixth Form Colleges in the South West, Cirencester College is one of the top ranking S...