Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking an enthusiastic qualified experienced Estate & Facilities Officer to join our school. The successful candidate will interact with a range of professionals from various fields. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills & Qualities:
- Commitment to corporate wellbeing and learning
- A self-starter with ability to multitask, prioritise and efficiently complete tasks
- An individual with proven experience driving service improvement to meet organisational goals and objectives with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Results orientated individual with extensive experience of project management
- An individual with knowledge of budgeting and funds management
- Individual with broad knowledge of asset management system, use of AutoCAD and excellent excel skills
- An individual with the knowledge of managing fleet of buses and coordinating school trips
- Credible with a high level of confidence, have the ability to contribute improvement initiative programs/projects and motivate contractors
- Maintain manual and electronic documents, files and records (inspection records, time sheet, work orders & requisitions and PPMs) for the purpose of documenting activities and ensuring an up-to-date reference.
- Effective listener with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the education sector is desirable.
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
What we offer:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Engaged and supportive school community
- Exciting sporting, leisure and cultural activities in a friendly, diverse and hospitable country with a rich cultural heritage. Opportunities to travel.
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, and other sporting facilities. For more details please click on the following link http://www.akcommunity.org/
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Housing allowance or accommodation
- Utility allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances for employee and eligible dependants
- Medical cover
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully attested degree, transcripts and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on the apply button on the relevant AKIS job posting.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
17 April 2021
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Al Khor International School (AKIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...