Bicester Learning Academy (BLA) are looking for an Estate Support Assistant to join our team.
The Estate Support Assistant is part of the Estate Team who across all academy sites, currently Glory Farm Primary School and The Cooper School.
The role is varied and includes:
- assisting with the security of the site;
- maintenance of school premises including minor repair work;
- managing school events;
- dealing with health and safety issues on site;
- completing routine tasks and duties e.g. fire alarm drills etc.
No two days are the same and we are looking for an applicant with a “can do attitude”. The position would ideally suit a person who has good handyperson skills.
This is a permanent position of 37 hours per week for 52 weeks per year. In addition hours will be regularly available at weekends to cover weekend bookings. The starting salary will be £17,007 per annum plus an annual shift allowance of £1,639.40.
We can offer:
- competitive salary;
- opportunities for weekend overtime;
- a friendly and supportive working environment;
- great colleagues;
- an excellent pension scheme;
- regular training opportunities.
In return we are looking for a candidate who has:
- good communication (written and oral) skills;
- the ability to work unsupervised and be able to multi-task;
- the ability to work to flexible working patterns;
- a knowledge of Health and Safety;
- the ability to carry out minor repairs across the BLA;
- good public relation skills;
- the ability to undertake manual handling.
For an informal discussion please contact Mr Wilfred Judge, Estate Supervisor on (01869) 242121. If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources on (01869) 362697
Closing date for applications: 12th November 2018, 12 noon
Bicester Learning Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within this recruitment pack.