LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
Salary: Up to £16,887 per annum plus shift/call-out allowance of £1,500 per annum
(Shifts – 37 hrs per week which will involve some Saturdays)
As an award-winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to grow our ambitions. We are currently looking for an Estates Assistant to join our College’s Premises team working across all sites.
Duties will include;
• General portering assistance,
• Caretaking duties,
• Security and locking up of the buildings
• Carrying out minor repairs & maintenance.
A full driving licence and the ability to use your own vehicle to travel across sites is essential.
You must be able to work on your own initiative and be confident in dealing with the students, staff and general public. Previous estates and/or portering experience is preferable but not essential. The working pattern will be a combination of morning and afternoon shifts from Monday to Friday and including some Saturdays. You should also be available for emergency call out.
In return, we offer a warm and welcoming college with an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A 25-day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays and 6 college closure days (plus an additional 5 days leave after 5 years of service with us).
• A well-respected pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund).
• Free parking at all of our College sites (on a first come first served basis).
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working.
• Superb opportunities for training and development.
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter which outlines how your experience, qualifications, skills and personal qualities match the person specification to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th August 2019 at 4.00pm
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.
By submitting your CV and cover letter by email, you indicate that you have read the job description and/or any other information issued to you relating to the vacancy and that you can comply with its requirements. You also certify that the information that you have given on your CV and cover letter is accurate and you understand that any false information may, in the event of employment, result in dismissal or disciplinary action being taken against you.