The Charter Schools Educational Trust is a fully inclusive educational trust comprised of two mixed 11 – 18 community schools serving an inner-city catchment area. The schools are significantly oversubscribed at all levels of admissions.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Trust and with immediate effect we are looking for an:
to run our Premises & Facilities proposition across two school sites providing an efficient, effective and responsive service. The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of environmental standards by leading on creating and maintaining buildings and site.
You will provide a high level and focused facilities management service for our schools, creating a lettings strategy as well as supporting, developing and implementing facilities and maintenance programmes whilst managing the day to day repair, maintenance and security of the site.
• Supervising the Facilities Team and allocated staff, leading, performance managing and coaching staff
• Overseeing the lettings strategy and income generation opportunities for the Trust
• Organising maintenance job tasks, ordering, prioritising workloads and negotiating with subcontractors and suppliers and recruiting as required.
• Ensuring routine maintenance inspections and planned repairs to production plant and equipment, completing all associated remedial work and maintaining the necessary records.
• Planning and delivering future maintenance schedules and preventative maintenance to ensure that standards are maintained and engaging positively with external stakeholders in relation to buildings work.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader and strategic thinker with a proven track record of premises management and maintenance. They will:
• Have the determination and adaptability needed to run two school sites
• Have high expectations of other staff within their department
• Be highly flexible, adaptable and above all collaborative as these are all key requirements when working within a premises, facilities and ground keeping team
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join one of the most exciting Educational Trusts in London.
Closing date: Midday on th April 2018
If you would like to apply for this position please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website www.charter.southwark.sch.uk to download an application form and job description, or alternatively email HRAdmin@charter.southwark.sch.uk
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please.
If you would like further information about the role, please feel free to email our HR Director, Wendy Andrews WAndrews@charter.southwark.sch.uk