We are currently seeking enthusiastic, conscientious and self motivated personnel to play a key role in helping maintaining our school site as Caretaker/Site Worker, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community. You will be required to carry out a range of duties relating to the running, upkeep and security of our Academy based in Epsom, Surrey.
The roles available are full time and permanent, covering 40 hours per week over 5 days, 52 weeks per year. Ideally we are seeking individuals who are comfortable with working shift patterns and weekends on a rota basis in order to manage our school lettings and maintenance upkeep.
The key duties will include;
- Health& Safety
- Security & Keyholder
- Contractor Liaison
In addition the ideal person will possess;
- A genuine commitment to working in an educational environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with students, staff, parents/carers, drivers/escorts, contractors, delivery drivers and members of the public
- A range of skills in general maintenance and repair work to carry out various site maintenance duties for both the buildings and grounds.
- A full, clean driving license
- The ability to work with minimum supervision and also work under pressure
- Previous experience of health and safety, security and managing projects
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a small team
Please refer to the candidate brief for a fuller list of duties, skills, abilities and experience we are looking for.
Blenheim is a wonderful place to work. We have a large and vibrant student body and dynamic staff who are willing to work hard to ensure positive learning experiences for young people. We have achieved numerous accreditations including Investors in People, Investors in Careers, Healthy Schools’ Award, Partnership with Parents award, the Arts Mark and we are a designated Science College. The closing date for applications is 16th November 2018. We reserve the right to interview and appoint to the role before the closing date, therefore early submission of interest is welcomed.
Our school is committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.