We are looking to appoint an Estates Technician with a general maintenance background to work as part of the existing team to maintain and enhance the campus facilities and environment. You will carry out a full range of duties to provide for general security and maintenance of the school premises, to include handyperson activities and supervision of school cleaning supervisor, cleaning staff and Assistant Estates Technician.
The successful applicant will be required to work a shift system of either mornings or afternoons and evenings, although a degree of flexibility is necessary. You will also be required to be on standby for emergency callouts and securing the site on a rota basis.
You will have:
• Basic DIY Skills with knowledge of electrical DIY tools is essential.
• Knowledge of commercial cleaning practices. Operation of cleaning equipment and cleansing agents would be preferred or the willingness to undertake training.
• Previous knowledge and experience of relevant health and safety procedures would be advantageous.
• Confident knowledge and experience with relevant IT systems.
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent is desirable or the willingness to undertake training.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are considered essential as are developed organisational skills.
• Ability to direct and deploy the site team and cleaning staff (approximately 25 operatives).
• Ability to communicate with clarity and accuracy.
Occupational pension, excellent facilities and uniform provided for this post.
For details and application forms, please see the School website or contact Caroline Rabbetts on 01935 810101 or e-mail email@example.com
The Gryphon School, part of the Sherborne Area Schools’ Trust, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Sherborne area Schools’ Trust: A Company Limited by Guarantee • Registered in England Company Number: 08130468