COBIS VACANCY – EVENTS EXECUTIVE
The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) is looking to appoint to an Events Executive to join the COBIS Executive Team from September 2019.
Working in the busy COBIS Head Office would suit an energetic, highly organised and client focused individual. In addition to high standards of verbal and written articulation, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellence in client service and care.
To find out more about the global reach, role and function of COBIS visit www.cobis.org.uk
Job Title: Events Executive
Reporting to: Director of Professional Development and Research
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Package: £22,000-25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Contract type: Initially, a two-year fixed term contract. The post is available from September 2019. COBIS has the discretion to renew/extend the contract.
To support with the administration, logistics and high-quality delivery of COBIS CPD conferences, training courses and student events and competitions. This includes supporting with the management of booking and evaluation processes and the production of some promotional content and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Director of Professional Development with the administration of COBIS CPD events including the Annual Conference. This may include collating information for the conference programme, processing bookings, liaising with delegates and exhibitors, preparing pre-conference newsletters, collecting seminar choices, preparing feedback forms, and other administrative tasks.
- To support the Student Engagement and Events Officer with the promotion, delivery and administration of a selection of COBIS student events or competitions.
- To support the administration and delegate access for online training courses and blended learning training including the COBIS Programme for Middle Leaders and COBIS Programme for Aspiring Heads.
- To update and publish content on the COBIS website and other designated platforms and channels relating to COBIS CPD conferences, training courses plus student and school workforce events.
- To liaise with, and provide support to, designated host schools through the lifecycle of an event.
- To respond to all delegate and school enquiries politely, quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining outstanding customer service standards.
- To support the administration of COBIS Research projects, including data collection and fact-checking.
- To support with the accurate and consistent administration of events via designated COBIS database and CRM system ‘Arlo’. This includes setting up, building and maintaining booking forms.
- To work with the COBIS Communications team where necessary to help promote CPD and student events across multiple-channels including email, social media, newsletters and printed collateral.
- To support the on-site delivery and coordination of live residential events.
- To maintain a working environment in which safeguarding, wellbeing and diversity is promoted, respected and responded to, and in which the equality of opportunity is promoted. To respond to all enquiries politely, quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining outstanding customer service standards.
- To be responsible to ensure that all areas of work practice reflect compliance in relation to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and associated good practice and to bring to the attention of the designated COBIS Data Protection Lead and CEO any potential breaches.
- To represent COBIS with a high level of professional credibility at internal and external conferences, meetings and events, in the UK and potentially overseas. To ensure a positive image to customers and other individuals and organisations and to promote the COBIS brand, activities and services by whatever means are appropriate and available.
- To identify and recommend system and process improvements where possible.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The post is available from September 2019
- The post is fixed term, initially for 2 years. COBIS has the discretion to renew/extend the contract
- The position is considered a full-time position: 37.5 hours a week
- The office is open Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30. Working hours/days within that period are to be negotiated and agreed in advance with the successful candidate
- Flexibility regarding working schedule at peak times would be an advantage
- The candidate will be required to attend the COBIS Annual Conference and Committee meetings which take place over 4 days in London in May
- Some overseas travel associated with CPD events and student competitions will be a component of the role. Travel expenses and insurance cover will be reimbursed accordingly
- Salary package is £22,000-25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
- Access to COBIS pension scheme in line with pension regulations. COBIS employee pension contribution is currently at 5% of salary
- Access to medical insurance and annual season ticket loan
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Training and development opportunities are available.
COBIS Safer Recruitment Procedure
Candidates must be willing to undertake Disclosure and Baring Service checks (DBS). If appropriate to the role, a DBS check will be requested if an applicant is offered a contract of employment. All COBIS staff are required to undertake safeguarding and child protection training.
At least two professional references, both written and verbal, will be sourced from current and former employers/managers as appropriate.
COBIS is committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation. COBIS aims to ensure equality in recruitment and employment.
All candidates wishing to be considered for the post are required to submit the following two documents:
- A covering letter/supporting statement (maximum of 600 words), addressed to the COBIS Director of Professional Development and Research, explaining their interest in, and suitability for the post, referring to the job description and person specification
- CV, plus the names and contact details of two professional referees
Completed applications are to be submitted by email to:
Miss Andrea Berta, EA to the CEO - email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position or the role and function of COBIS, please contact Dr Fiona Rogers, Director of Professional Development and Research on +44 203 826 7190.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 July at 13.00 GMT
Interviews: First round interviews will take place w/c 5 August.
Interview Location: COBIS Head Office, 55-56 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP