Due to growth and expansion, we have several opportunities for committed and enthusiastic Exam Invigilators to join the team at Laurus Cheadle Hulme on a casual basis. You will become a key member of the Laurus Trust family, and will play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust.
The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS), the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey, over 95% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
The Laurus Trust is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome and encourage applications from all individuals regardless of individual background or circumstance.
N.B – following successful appointment, all Exam Invigilators supporting the Laurus Trust will be required to sign up to the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Update Service.
- Assist in the setting up of examination rooms.
- Ensure all candidates receive appropriate examination question papers and answer papers.
- Be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- Ensure answer scripts are collected in candidate number order and are supervised as required.
- Ensure candidates obey the regulations of an examination room as laid out in the examination guidelines.
- Record attendance on the official examination registers.
- Ensure no inappropriate items are brought into the examination hall, such as personal stereos, revision notes or other paperwork unless told otherwise.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the pre-exam start information.
Key Skills & Experience
- An understanding of the examination process is desirable.
- Excellent oral communication skills are essential.
- Must be punctual, reliable and demonstrate a willingness to be flexible.
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent.
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous.
- Ideally possess prior experience within a similar role.
We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These can be found in the Candidate Applicant Pack.
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
- Adaptable - Open to change, to be flexible
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
- Hard Working - Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
- Inclusive - Treat others fairly and equally
- Engaged - Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
- Value - Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
- Enquiring - Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
- Motivated - Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
- Encouraging - Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
- Navigator - Providing guidance, leading when necessary
- Tenacious - Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted. To complete an application form please click ‘Quick Apply’.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 549 7000 or via e-mail at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Interview Date: We reserve the right to interview at any time
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.