Boundary Oak School is an IAPS and ISA co-educational day and boarding school set in 30 acres of beautiful Hampshire countryside outside Fareham, very close to Portsmouth and Southampton. It provides a friendly, family environment in a place rich in history, character and charm.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a highly successful and expanding school. Boundary Oak recognises that everybody is different. Each member of our family community is valued as an individual. Our collective aim is to encourage every pupil to follow their passions,develop a love of learning and approach life here, and beyond, with a growth mindset. Our pupils are courteous, hard working and very well behaved.
Lunch is provided free of charge.
JOB TITLE: EXAM INVIGILATOR
LINE MANAGER: EXAMINATIONS OFFICER
OURS OF WORK: Dependent on examination timetable but generally 8.45am-11.30am and 1.15- 4pm but can be up to an hour longer per session.
PAY: £9-£10 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Previous training is desirable but not essential.
To assist with the organisation, and facilitation of a smooth examination process, contributing towards the overall smooth running of the school.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist with the setting up of examination rooms as required by examination board, ensuring candidates can easily find their seats, equipment is available and papers are ready to distribute.
• To direct candidates to their seats, advising them about possessions permitted in the examination venue.
• To distribute question papers and examination materials as required
• To maintain a register of attendance in examinations, recording details of candidate absence as directed.
• To collect examination scripts as directed, collating and checking these against official attendance registers.
• To provide sole invigilation duties for candidates with additional assessment needs.
• To supervise candidates before, during and after the examinations, maintaining silence and ensuring that there are no infringements of examination regulations.
• To maintain the integrity and security of examinations in accordance with internal procedures and Awarding Body regulations.
• Escorting candidates on toilet breaks ensuring no unauthorised material is consulted and that examination regulations are observed at all times;
• Supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
• To complete as instructed any associated administration.
• To report any breaches of the examination to the supervising teacher/senior invigilator/examinations officer immediately.
• To participate in staff development and training activities as required. To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the designated/deputy designated safeguarding lead or your line manager as appropriate.